DAY 1: MONDAY 6TH JANUARY 2014
FOCUS: THE HOLY SPIRIT AND MY FAMILY
INTRODUCTION: God manifests His Presence through Churches to transform lives, homes, communities, cities and nations. God’s presence manifests with various intensities on different occasions. The intensity of His Presence is tangible and perceivable. Signs and wonders indicate high intensity of God’s presence. The Visitation of God in our homes brings heaven down to us. Mary enjoyed such a divine visitation and she was said to be ‘highly favored’ (Luke 1:29). The glory of God’s presence is all we need in life. Let us pray earnestly that our homes will enjoy divine favor of His visitation as Mary did.
Zechariah was also visited when he was on his normal service routine for God, while Abraham was visited during a ministry of hospitality to angels unaware. In both cases, their long desired miracles were manifested by divine visitation. Now it is your turn to enjoy divine visitation.
1. Discuss the effects of manifestation of God’s presence (or visitation) along the following lines.
(a) The visitation or presence of God can be felt in our homes (Acts 2:2-3).
(b) The visitation of God brings spiritual liberty and energy to our spirit man (II Cor. 3:17).
(c) There is an inner peace of God into our hearts, bringing a deep sense of assurance of His care.
2. The Scripture says, if we draw near to God, He will also draw near to us, (James 4:8) Why does God appear to be far from us? (II Chronicles 15:2) How can we use the following steps to draw near to God in our homes in order to activate His visitation? Please discuss, with Biblical examples.
(a) Having a contrite and humble heart (Isaiah 57:15, I Chronicles 28:9).
(b) Being fervent in prayers (Luke 9:28-29, Acts 12:5, 7). What are those things that prevent our homes from being fervent in prayers?
(c) Practicing spiritual worship (II Chr. 5:13-14). How does our true worship of God brings down His visitation? (John 4:23-24).
(d) Having a zealous heart (Dan. 10:1-2, 5, 12). How can this Victory Month period be used by us to get God’s divine attention? (Exo. 3:3 – 4).
3. (i) How does this manifestation affect the local Church and her growth?
(ii) Discuss the following propositions
- Strong manifestation of God’s presence provides a spiritual platform for evangelism to operate.
- With strong worship, evangelism can advance effectively at the spiritual frontiers and release many people into the process of fellowship, discipleship and ministry. In fact, fellowship, discipleship and ministry operating in the environment of strong spiritual worship, accomplish much.
God manifests His presence progressively in three dimensions:
§ Visitation of His presence,
§ Habitation of His presence, and
§ Transformation in His presence.
Discuss Also the points below as it affects God’s Visitation to us
§ A contrite and humble spirit that trembles at God’s word invites His presence (Isaiah 66:2). Be God fearing and give highest regard to His ‘word at all times’ you will experience strong manifestation of His presence.
§ Resisting the devil is turning away from temptation. “Cleanse your hands” metaphorically speaks of repentance from sins. “Double-minded” in James’ usage refers to having reservation in the heart (James 4: 7-9).
§ Repentance from sins and turning from unbelief must be thorough, like mourning is opposite to laughter, and gloom to joy.
§ Always be quick and complete in making right with God and He will draw near to you.
CONCLUSION: The Visitation of God to our families and homes is a must and we need to covet it strongly. Let us make a commitment to walk with God faithfully and hence fulfill His requirement for strong manifestation and visitation in our homes. There will be miracles, breakthroughs and diverse testimonies. Our Churches will also enjoy the impact and thereby grow tremendously.
LET US PRAY
1. Let every weariness, lethargy, tiredness and confusion that has beset us hitherto recede to give room for strong manifestation of God’s presence in our homes in Jesus Name.
2. Let the visitation of God’s presence to our home bring relief, peace and divine assurance upon our families in Jesus’ Name.
3. Open to John 11:39–44 and pray that the power of His resurrection will visit our lives and cause our Lazarus to come out of every grave where men have buried our potentials.
4. As the glory of the Lord filled the house in II Chro. 5:13-14 during praise and worship, let the Shekinah glory of God envelope our homes as we worship God in spirit and truth.
5. Let there be divine intervention into our situations as we praise Him after the order of Paul and Silas in Acts 16:25-26.
6. Father, let there be new realm of Holy Spirit manifestations in our meetings and assemblies in Jesus’ name.
7. We receive exceeding grace for the overflowing of the anointing in the lives of all Your ministers in the name of Jesus.
8. Let there be revelation of the spirit of power and signs among us, O Lord in the name of Jesus.
9. Using Rom. 8:19, pray that there will be signs and wonders to attest to mighty manifestation of God in our homes.
10. Holy Ghost fire, overshadow my life in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
11. I decree by fire and thunder that I shall not die before the manifestation of my miracles.
12. O God, arise and send me help from Your sanctuary to strengthen me out of Zion in the mighty name of Jesus.
13. Every evil power delaying the manifestation of my destiny, be paralyzed in the name of Jesus.
14. Let the manifestation of the presence of God in our homes bring forth open doors of miracles and testimonies.
15. As we worship the Lord after the order of II Kings 3:15, let there be recovery of every lost axe-head in our homes.
16. Father, we thank You because when we sing Your praise, You reveal Yourself as the One who is worthy of all our adoration in the name of Jesus.
17. As we praise You O Lord, arise in Your power and silence all challenges of our lives in the name of Jesus.
18. We bring our thanks to You, in the name of Jesus whose endless grace sustains and guides us, teach us to win our battles with the power of praise in Jesus’ name.
19. As we worship You in our homes, let the gates of heaven open upon us and let Your wonder, glory, power and holiness over shadow us.
20. Pray that as my heavens are now open, the rain of abundance, goodness, favor and mercy will fall on every department of my life in Jesus’ name.
21. Now make declarations as follow:
(i) Anywhere I go, I will find favor and anywhere I face or turn to, the enemy will run without stopping in Jesus’ name.
(ii) My eyes and my ears become instruments of divine revelation that I might prosper mightily this year in Jesus name.
(iii) My hands, tongue and legs become instruments of God’s glory and divine prosperity in Jesus’ name.
(iv) All the owners of evil luggage of infirmities, carry your load now; go back to the sender in Jesus’ name.
22. Begin to bless God for a mighty, miraculous manifestation of God in your family this year.
DAY 2: MONDAY 13TH JANUARY 2014
FOCUS: THE HOLY SPIRIT AND MY FAMILY
INTRODUCTION: Once there is a divine visitation, it is incumbent on us to sustain it and hence have a divine habitation. God prefers to manifest His presence regularly among His people if they befit His holy habitation. No wonder the Lord told Joshua, on their way to Canaan, “Sanctify yourselves for the Lord will do wonders among you” (Joshua 3: 7). Let us keep our homes and families holy for God’s continuous habitation and we shall be experiencing signs and wonders on daily basis (Acts 2:42-47).
Also, a family that engages in continuous worship and adoration of God will enjoy divine habitation. What can you say about the situation of your family in this regard? How can we allow the Holy Spirit to move upon us like in the Upper Room experience? (Acts 2:1). Can we affect the Church positively if we have Divine Habitation in our homes?
1. Love proven with obedience is the key to experiencing continuous manifestation of God’s presence. Can you discuss on how best we can employ these two attributes in activating God’s habitation in our homes?
2. ‘Home’ is a permanent dwelling. It means the habitation of God’s presence among His people. Discuss negative attributes and characteristics of our lives that can hinder God from making our homes His habitation.
3. “Hearing what the Spirit says to the Churches” (Rev. 2:1-7) is a sure way to maintain appropriate spiritual environment in our homes. How can we become so ‘busy’ and ‘dogmatic’ to the extent of not listening to the Holy Spirit today? How do we return to our first love of God’s habitation among us?
4. The first and greatest commandment of God is stated in Mark 12:30. How can we, as members of a family, ensure that the love of God takes precedence over our actions and pursuits? When we give our best and all to God (heart, soul, mind and strength), how does God respond to us in terms of His holy habitation?
5. The Lord Jesus and the early Church practiced divine habitation of God consistently. Discuss along the following lines on how we too can enjoy divine habitation:
§ The Lord Jesus, our model in prayer, prayed with all His heart and He always prayed. God also responded to His prayer always.
§ His prayer after the baptism drew God’s presence. The manifestation of God’s presence was visible and audible to people (Luke 3:21-23).
§ His extended prayer on the mountain of transfiguration drew God’s presence. His appearance was transformed (Luke 9:28-29).
§ Build a habit of praying with all your heart and praying always, you will experience character and situation transformation in God’s presence (Acts 12:5-7).
§ The Early Church offered constant prayer for Peter when he was put into prison unjustly. God commissioned an angel to deliver him miraculously from the prison.
§ Determine to wrestle with tough situations or issues in fervent prayer continuously and you will experience the manifestation of God’s presence to deliver you out of difficulty.
6. Read Mark 12:30 again and discuss the following points with respect to divine habitations in our families.
§ God requires you to love Him “with all your heart, soul, mind and strength”.
(a) Loving God with all your heart is giving Him the highest place.
§ The heart is the place where you make commitments and exercise faith on a person. How can you compare it with entering a marriage covenant that lasts for a lifetime?
§ Love Him all the time, at all places and no matter what happens. What is important to Him must also become important to you. Discuss
(b) Loving God with all your soul is being zealous for Him.
§ Zeal is the strongest state of affections. Zeal for the house of God drove the Lord to cast out people who were merchandising in the temple (John 2:17). Give instances of zealous families in the Scriptures (Acts 10:3-4; Deut. 9:9-25; Num. 25:1-11).
(c) Loving God with all your mind is having the mind of Christ (I Cor. 2:16).
§ Uphold the Word of God in your life. Think the way He thinks. Love what He loves and hate what He hates. Refuse contradictory values of the world and let His word be your thoughts. God will guide you continually (Rom. 12:2). How do we exalt God above every thought, imagination, value, concept and principles? (I Pet. 5:5-7).
(d) Loving God with all your strength is serving Him with your best effort.
§ Put top priority on building God’s kingdom and preaching righteousness (Matthew 6:33) and give God your whole-hearted service (Col. 3:23-24). Do we seek to do our best for Him now?
7. Repent and Return to your First Love (Rev. 2:1-7). Discuss the points below and how it can help us to maintain God’s holy habitation in our families.
§ “Repent and do the first works” means they had to forsake some activities irrelevant to revival and return their focus to those activities that had ushered in revival. How can we be busy here and there and yet miss divine approval?
§ The lamp-stand is the manifestation of God’s presence in a ministry. If they fail to heed this warning, the Lord would remove the lamp-stand from its place. Failure to loving God whole-heartedly will cause the end of a fruitful ministry and the death of revival!
§ It is possible for a person to be so busy for the Lord’s work but his heart has departed from loving Him. What happened to the Ephesians came gradually and not suddenly, unknowingly and not intentionally.
§ It is possible to be so involved in obeying the second part of the Great Commandment-to love people fervently-but lose the first love for the Lord.
§ Avoid presumption and allow the Holy Spirit to search your heart. Are you walking with the Lord as closely as before? Are you still sensitive to the Spirit when you are popular? Are you sad and broken if your anointing dwindles, though you are speaking in more meetings? Discuss these issues as it affect divine habitation. Remember the sad state of Samson: “…he did not know that the Lord had departed from him” (Judges 16:20).
To have God’s holy habitation in our homes, we must love God all out, because He first loved us all out! Every member of our homes must therefore:
§ Love God with all their hearts and give Him the highest place.
§ Love God with all their souls and be zealous for Him.
§ Love God with all their minds and have the mind of Christ and
§ Love God with all their strength and serve Him with the best efforts.
For all the above to be possible, the Scriptures say “it is not by power or by might, but “by My Spirit, saith the Lord” Zech. 4:6. As the ark of God’s covenant settles in our homes, every member of our family shall experience breakthrough in different endeavors. Let us therefore make our commitment to God for every family member during this prayer session. God bless you.
LET US PRAY
1. Lord, as we repent of our backsliding, we ask that the presence of God will tabernacle over our live and homes in Jesus’ name.
2. Let our homes become Your dwelling place O God and every evil altar or covenant erected in our homes be replaced by God’s altar continually.
3. Let every strange fire that has been kindled by any member of our family be put off and let the mercy of God prevail and renew His holy fire amidst us.
4. O Lord, make us vessels of honor for Your glory, as You purify us from all uncleanness that we may be fit for the Master’s use.
5. O Lord, give, us the hunger to know Your Will and thereby work for You, and make us to be committed to You with all our resources.
6. O Lord, make us understand more fully how You want us to live and when to take our exit in the name of Jesus.
7. Lord, as we stay in Your presence continuously, let the pillar of cloud and fire protect our homes as it were, with the children of Israel in the wilderness.
8. Lord, grant that there will be mighty revelation of Your glory as the waters cover the seas (Hab. 2:14).
9. Pray that God will rend our heavens open, come down on our behalf and make all mountains to flow in His presence (Isa. 64:1).
10. Make declarations for yourself as follow:
(i) Let my tongue become an instrument of God’s glory in Jesus’ name.
(ii) Make my hands and my feet an instrument of divine prosperity.
(iii) Let my eyes be anointed to become instrument of divine revelation.
11. Pray that every prince of Persia (Dan. 10:12-13) that has sealed up our heavens due to one circumstance or the other (Deut. 28:23) should be paralyzed and blasted by the Holy Ghost Fire.
12. Declare that since you are a temple of the Holy Spirit, and it is the power of the Holy Spirit that raised up Jesus from the dead, then every dead organ in your body or in your general system should receive life permanently in Jesus’ name.
13. As Isaiah encountered Your glory in the temple and his life was transformed, so transform our lives by Your glory O Lord, as we stay continuously in Your Presence.
14. During the dedication of Solomon’s temple, the glory of God came down, so may You visit us again even as our ministers will be ministering in their offices in the name of Jesus.
15. Lord, I will not listen to the voice of the hireling so that You will constantly open my ears to the voice of the Holy Spirit and give me the grace to follow.
16. Now, open to II Kings 1: 9-10 and pray that you will live the mountain top life this year. You will not come down, you will not deteriorate or reduce.
17. Pray against every spiritual hindrance by the enemy against your mounting to higher altitudes. Remove every blockade placed by the enemy against your higher grounds.
18. Hold someone’s hand again and pray aggressively, “Holy Ghost fire, begin to arrest every spirit of fear, doubt and deceit in every department of my life so that I may be in Your dwelling place”.
19. Confess that against all odds, overwhelming success will come your way, and you will be a golden report and testimony before this year runs out.
20. Lord, separate any “Lot” from my life who will be a hindrance to the lifting up of my eyes to see my breakthrough (Gen. 13:14).
21. Begin to give thanks to God that these prayers will move you from minimum to maximum, obscurity to limelight and from poverty to prosperity as you continue in the presence of the Lord.
DAY 3: MONDAY 20TH JANUARY 2014
THEME: THE HOLY SPIRIT AND MY FAMILY
Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord are change into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (II Cor. 3:18).
The Holy Spirit is the Author and Agent of Divine Transformation. We must notice that this transformation however takes place as we covet and encounter the visitation of the Lord and experience His holy habitation.
The visitation of God’s presence that releases spiritual liberty to the heart transforms a worshipper to the likeness of Christ more and more gradually. The visitation of the Lord, as in the day of Pentecost, usually transforms people and impacts homes, cities and nations (Acts 4:32, 5:14).
Also, the habitation of God’s presence heals homes, cities and nations, even when they have suffered God’s judgments. Repentance revokes the judgment and brings mercy (II Chro. 7:13-14). Discuss the extent of transformation we can experience by the Holy Spirit, using the above verse, if we can allow both the visitation and habitation of God in our homes.
1. How can we create the right spiritual climate and environment in our homes that will lead to positive transformation and turn our adversity to blessing, making us fulfill our divine purpose? (Gen. 28:15-17).
2. Our lives ‘overflow’ as rivers of living water for the transformation of others when we yield to the Holy Spirit. How does this river of living water (John 7:37-39) quench our earthly thirst and help us work “the works of Jesus?” (Remember Jesus said this to the Samaritan woman in John 4).
3. From the Upper Room to every living room, in all places and in every palace, the word of the Lord should bring forth transformation. How can our homes become God’s transformation ground for our communities? How can the miracles of Acts 2:42-47 be replicated in our homes today?
4. Using Ezekiel 47:1-5, discuss how we can progress in our own personal transformation by the Holy Spirit so that we can become prepared vessels of God for transformation of others. (Note that we must flow into the Holy Spirit until we are filled to the brim [river that one can swim in].)
5. What advantages are available for us as we swim in this river in terms of economic, physical and spiritual transformation of our land (Ezekiel 47:6-12)?
6. The Holy Spirit has a unity of purpose in giving out His gifts (Eph. 4:11-12). What must be our role in cooperating with Him to enable His gifts through others to change and transform us for His overall purpose?
7. A people that befit the habitation of God can initiate repentance on behalf of a place and displace the wicked ways of the people by teaching them to live in righteousness.
8. God will honor your representation, repentance and effort in teaching the people to live with righteousness. He will heal the land in terms of granting good climatic conditions, healthy lives for people and livestock, high yielding crops, growth in economy, consciousness of moral value, wisdom and achievements, political stability, and favorable balance of trade.
What practical lessons can we derive from the above assertion in terms of the role of our families?
(a) The spiritual revival initiated by King Hezekiah in Judah re-established godly environment over the nation (II Chro. 32:21, II Kings 19:35).
(b) The Early Church had very strong spiritual environment and offered constant prayers for Peter when he was put in the prison. He was delivered by an angel (Acts 12:5, 7:10).
(c) Moses was spiritually strong and fit for God’s glorious presence to manifest and delivered His people out of Egypt (Exo. 3-4).
9. How can our Church initiate revival that will transform our nations?
(a) Let the greatness of the River of Glory take over and carry you as God wishes it to flow, to change your perceptions and cause you to go deeper in new things (Ezek. 47:1-12).
(b) Get rid of every weight (non-productive activities and the old wineskins) to allow the present day move of God and swim deeper in His love.
(c) God wants to take you into the depths of His glory, enlarge your vision and make you capable of seeing clearer into His eternal realms. When you are in the midst of the flow of the river, everything suddenly becomes focused, and you will see the depth of life more clearly.
(d) Stand in God’s presence, praise Him until the spirit of worship comes, worship until the glory descends, then stand in His glory and look until you see what the Lord is revealing to you.
CONCLUSION: It behooves us to seek to be transformed in God’s presence before we seek to be God’s agent of transformation to others. We must be revived in the Holy Spirit (John 7:37-39) and then, we will have an ‘overflow’. This overflow will let the river of living water flow out through us to others.
LET US PRAY
1. O Lord, take us into a deeper relationship in our walk with You and let us have a new experience of glory with You in Jesus’ mighty name.
2. Let there be an overflow of anointing upon all our ministers and take us to river of glory for baptism and transformation in the mighty name of Jesus.
3. O Lord, cause us to progress in the temple river of Your glory day by day. Cause our paths to shine brighter and brighter in the mighty name of Jesus.
4. Take us to a deeper experience where we shall forget about ourselves and trust perfectly in Your name.
5. We receive the anointing to swim in Your miracles for our transformation in the mighty name of Jesus.
6. Father, let our lives be a reflection of Your glory and bring forth new fruits in the mighty name of Jesus.
7. This year shall be a year of mighty exploits among us O Lord, in the mighty name of Jesus.
8. O God, arise and rebuke every satanic agent against Your move and let the fan of the Holy Ghost blow against every evil wind working against our transformation into Your glory.
9. O Lord, let all the attitudes in my life standing between me and God be uprooted. I bind and cast out of my life every spirit of disobedience to the leading of God in the name of Jesus.
10. Father, remove the heart of stone from us and give us the heart of flesh to obey the voice of the Spirit so that the words of our mouths and counsels be established for Your glory.
11. Whatever will hinder Your move in our midst shall not prosper O Lord, rend Your Heavens for mighty miracles in our lives in Jesus’ name.
12. Lord, as we are being transformed more and more into Your image, let everything that has been dead receive life and every dry bone receive life.
13. Declare that neither mountain, nor valley, nor crooked path, nor any obstruction can hinder you from reaching your divine destination. Command heavenly bulldozer to clear hindrances to your breakthroughs in Jesus’ name.
14. Now make the following bold declarations for yourself:
(i) Father, let my life, ministry and prayer life be extremely dangerous for the kingdom of darkness from now henceforth.
(ii) Lord, anoint me specially such that all motionless spiritual gifts and talents in my life will begin to function for Your glory and for my blessing. I receive special revelational mystery that will make me advance Your Kingdom in Jesus’ name.
(iii) Lord, because Your grace is ever sufficient for me, I drink of the river of Your pleasure (Psalms 36:8) freely in Jesus’ name.
(iv) Let the angels of the living God, roll away the stones blocking my financial, physical and spiritual breakthrough in Jesus’ name.
(v) I bind and render null and void, you spirit of bad feet, bad luck, memory failure, costly mistakes and demonic delay in Jesus’ name.
(vi) Open to Isaiah 58:8 and make a declaration that the glory of God has now risen upon you; therefore, you will rise and shine in the midst of darkness of this world.
(vii) Open to Deuteronomy 32:12-13 and declare that God will make all impossibilities possible in your life from now henceforth.
15. O Lord, in this New Year, let there arise for me, special favor and mercy that will usher me into a life of excellence.
16. Father, let new relationship develop between me and those that will benefit me in life for my breakthrough. Any old, sour relationship that has affected my Rehoboth, be tuned to sweetness and love henceforth in Jesus name.
17. As a family, we commit ourselves to You. This year, we shall go on higher ground of relationship with You and serve You with all our hearts in Jesus’ name.
18. Begin to give thanks to God that His glory upon your life has begun. Your life will never remain the same again.